Preparing for your virtual interview
For everyone's health and safety, Slalom is holding all candidate interviews virtually. Even though we’ll be talking via computer screens, we’re just as eager to get
to know you, and for you to get to know us.
Here are some steps for you to prepare for your interviews so they can be as productive and positive as possible. Your recruiting contact will be in touch to give you your interviewing schedule and log-in information.
Before your interviews
1. Install necessary apps and programs
Slalom use a mixture of video conferencing, digital whiteboarding and shared coding environments for interviews with our candidates. Your recruiter will be in communication with you with regard to the tooling expectations as well as providing you usage documentation as appropriate.
2. Test your equipment.
Make sure your internet connection and computer work, including the microphone and camera.
The day of interviews
- Think about how you appear on camera. Are you looking into the camera at your interviewer? Is your background distracting?
- Raise your computer so that it’s at eye level or just slightly above.
- Try not to be back-lit, and to have some soft lighting in front of you so your interviewer can see your face.
- Make sure your device is plugged in or fully charged.
- Dress in business casual.
- Click Join the Microsoft Teams meeting to connect (your recruiter will send log-in information for your call).
What if I have trouble connecting?
Close the app and rejoin. If you still can’t connect, please use the dial-in number provided.
Do I need to use video for the interviews?
Yes, since we can’t meet in person, please turn on your camera for a more personal experience. Having said that, we understand that there are times when internet bandwidth can cause issues with video, and it might need to be turned off for that reason.
For other questions, please reach out to your recruiting contact. We look forward to talking to you. Good luck!
build with us